Monday, August 8, 2011

Meh.

I am just not really feeling this mani.  I don't know if I over- or under-worked it, but it just didn't look as awesome IRL as it did in my head.  I think it's the ring finger that's throwing it off.  I should have stayed in pattern on all fingers, or done the ring in either the glitter or the holo.



I wanted something cool and watery to combat the horrible heat here, but it just didn't work out the way I'd planned.  Anyway, I used OPI Ogre the Top Blue for the base on all nails, the Ulta exclusive color Glitterally the Best Silver Ever on the ring, and OPI Blue Moon Lagoon and Pure Ice Strapless for the others.  I made the wavy stripes using painter's tape and scrapbooking scissors.

Hopefully my next mani will be better.  I bought a pretty cool acrylic paint set from Walmart - 24 tubes, all different colors, for $11.97!  Not masterpiece quality paints, I'm sure, but I'm hopeful they will be good enough for nail art.

So, have you ever experienced the heartbreak of a disappointing mani?

xoxo, Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment