Sunday, August 14, 2011

Green Skittle Manicure and a Trip to Ulta

The froggie mani only lasted two days. :(  I think the problem was that I put on top coat (Seche Vite) between the nail polish base and the acrylic nail art.  For some reason, the top coat over the acrylic peeled off from the top coat under the acrylic.  The two coats of Seche didn't bond to each other.  I don't know what was up with that, but next time I'll do polish base, acrylic, then top coat.

So now I'm wearing a green skittle mani that was inspired by Trincess' Whimsical Skittles, and Varnish Vixen's version.

 Left hand: Thumb/pinkie = Cult Nails Always Winning; pointer = OPI Electric Eel over OPI Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow; middle = OPI Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow with dots of OPI Stranger Tides; ring = Zoya Yara.


I used the same colors for my right hand, but in a different order:








I took pictures outdoors because I was trying to capture the sparkliness.  It was a beautiful day today.  The heat has finally let up some, and you can tell that fall is just around the corner.  Fall is my favorite season!  I can't wait for pumpkins and falling leaves and cool breezes!

I went to the Grand Opening of the new Ulta that is closer to my house.  I can tell it is going to be both a blessing and a curse!  It's only a 15-minute trip to the new Ulta, instead of a 45-minute trip to what was formerly the only Ulta in town.  My wallet is scared!  Here is what I got:


The only thing I actually needed was the Seche Restore.  I had also planned to get OPI I Lily Love You, and the Tarte True Blood Lip Tint.  The Orly Minis were an unplanned purchase, but they were a Grand Opening special, $3.50 for the set (which is regularly $12.50).  The Happy Go Lucky collection wasn't unique enough to entice me to buy the full size bottles, and I wouldn't have paid full price for the mini set, but tree-fitty was low enough to snare me.  And I lurrve the True Blood lip tint.  It is a shimmery, sheer-but-buildable blood red.  The only makeup I wear for day-to-day is red lipstick, and occasionally concealer.  I am always on the hunt for a new red!

And here is the adorable sight that greets me almost every time I come home:



My neighbor's dog, Maizy.  I want her!  If I didn't like my neighbors so much, I would steal her!  She is a total sweetie.  Alas, Maddie wouldn't have another dog in her house.  She can't stand dogs.  She is not aware that she is a dog.  Here's Maddie, enjoying the pretty day by pretending to be a cow and munching on some grass:



"Yum, grass!"

xoxo, Natalie

1 comment:

  1. I like the Cult Nails polish you're wearing in this mani.
    Your skittles looks lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete