Friday, July 29, 2011

Another dotty mani

I have been away from my little blog for a while.  I had a bad sinus infection, so I am on these really strong antibiotics that make me really tired, and I swear they also make me high!  Seriously, I feel buzzed all the time.  If I close my eyes, the room spins!  It's weird.  I also have been working the closing shift for the past week, so between that and the antibiotics I pretty much have been waking up, going to work, coming home and going straight back to bed.  But I did manage to stay awake long enough to do a new mani, using my Zoya Mod Mattes.

But first, a confession:  I hate matte polish.  It isn't a visual thing, it's a touch issue.  I hate the way it feels on my nail when I touch it.  The feel of it is the tactile equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard to me.  I think it looks cool, but I can't stand to have it on my nails.  If I like a matte color, I will still buy it, but I always put shiny top coat on it.  I loved all three of the Mod Mattes colors, but I love them even more with a couple of coats of Seche Vite!  So, on to the mani:




I mostly took pics of my right hand, because I have a gross scrape on my left ring finger, right at the cuticle, from opening a box at work.  See:


Eww.  I took these pictures last night.  It looks even worse today, now that it has scabbed up.  No matter how much vitamin E oil I put on them, it is just impossible to keep decent looking hands at a home improvement store.  Sigh.

Also, I have six followers all of a sudden!  Wow!  Hi!  I am working on a little giveaway thing, and I should have more details about it in a short while.  I think it will be fun.

xoxo, Natalie

2 comments:

  1. I love this dotty manicure - so fun and bright! Perfect for summer! :)

    Hope you're feeling better.
    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is so frakkin hot here right now, I think my next mani will be something cooler. All blues and greens, maybe with some ice cubes!

    ReplyDelete