Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Final Halloween Mani

I hope everybody had a happy and safe Halloween!  I had to close on Halloween, so no trick-or-treating for me.  Alas, I was the only one at work that dressed up, if you can call it dressing up.  Because of our dress code, you really can't wear much in the way of a costume.  I just did some cat-eye eyeliner and wore my kitty ears and my kitty-cat shoes and a black shirt.  Our store manager made a half-hearted attempt to say the ears weren't dress-code appropriate (something about "no hair ornaments", WTF?), but his heart wasn't really in it, especially after the H.R. manager said she thought they were cute!  He let it drop with, "Well, at least she isn't wearing a tail."  Hee!

Here is the mani I wore on Halloween.  It is a spooky swamp scene:





I had a hard time photographing it.  There is all kinds of glare.  The scene starts out with a haunted house on my thumb:



Followed by a graveyard on my pointer, a witch flying against the moon on my middle, a jack'o'lantern on my ring, and bats on my pinky:


I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Gray by Gray for the background, and China Glaze Zombie Zest for the swamp.  I stamped the haunted house, witch, jack'o'lantern, spooky tree branches, and bats from Bundle Monster plates using black Konad Special Polish.  I freehanded the gravestones using Zoya Dove and the moon using acrylic paint.  I also painted over the jack'o'lanterns using Sinful Colors Cloud 9 and China Glaze Lighthouse, and I dotted-in the windows of the haunted house with Lighthouse, too.

Now, on to the Thanksgiving manicures!  I need a good burnt orange creme - does anyone have any favorites they'd like to share?

xoxo, Natalie

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE this manicure! Very creative, and the colour choices are wonderful. I really appreciate all the details you included on each nail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lil late, but very awesome halloween mani!!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete